Welcome to the brand new La Quinta Inn & Suite Big Spring, between Abilene and Midland TX, where myriad of dining options, area attractions, shopping and entertainment are right at your fingertips.
Here at the hotel you can take full advantage of our refreshing swimming pool and whirlpool, an on-site fitness center, full business center with a printer and free high-speed internet access, meeting facilities, guest laundry facili...see morety, and more.
Each of our relaxingly spacious rooms come with amenities like high-speed Internet Access, huge 32-inch TVs, microwave ovens, refrigerators, hair dryers, coffee makers and much more. Enjoy a free newspaper with your Free Bright Side BreakfastTM each morning near the lobby.see less
Amenities & Services
Free Bright Side Breakfast
Free Wireless High-Speed Internet Access
Free High-Speed Internet Access
Free Local Calls
Meeting Facilities Available
Guest Laundry Facilities
Outdoor Swimming Pool
Free Bright Side Breakfast®
Hot and cold cereal
Bread and muffins
All-you-can-drink coffee and juice
Additional Breakfast Items:
Bacon or Sausage
Biscuits & Gravy
15,000 La Quinta Returns points for a free night stay.
Not a member? Join Now
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
Guest Room Amenities
Free wireless high-speed Internet access
Free high-speed Internet access
Microwave in all rooms
Refrigerator in all rooms
Iron with Ironing Board
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Most Recent Reviews:
Reviewed May 10, 2013
A La Quinta traveler |
Needed to get a room at the last minute for a business trip in the Midland TX area. This was as close as possible, it was about 40 miles away. The other hotels closer to Midland, either there were no rooms available or the price was outrageous. This was a very clean hotel and the staff was very helpful and friendly. Will definitely stay here again.
I am an Elite Returns member with the La Quinta hotel chain--which means that I stay a good number of nights each year at their properties. The Big Spring hotel certainly is one of their best. As always, they are very pet friendly and I travel with two dogs. The staff were very friendly, courteous and accommodating. There is no question as to where I will stay when I return there next spring for their dog shows.
Great rooms, good price compaired to others. Alittle noisey on the top floor closest to highway, made it hard to sleep peacefully. The front desk person was very helpful and honest, she retrieved my laptop when I left it behind. It is nice to know there is still good people in this world! I will deffently return there.
I travel several times a year to Big Spring and have stayed in several of the local hotels. Before you stay anywhere in Big Spring, you need to know that the current oil boom in the area has drastically changed the availability, the price and the quality of many of the local hotels. It is difficult to find any decent hotel in area for less than about $175.00 a night. This may be sticker shock for some-- one expects to pay those high prices when you travel to large cities with loads of fun things to do and lots of ammenities. You don't expect to pay that rate at a La Quinta Inn.
With that said, my review is written to compare this hotel to the others in the given climate. This is NOT my first choice when I travel to Big Spring.
Here are my concerns during my recent stay:
1. The sheets were worn and pilled-- there were little balls of worn off cotton on the main part of the fitted sheet. Very disconcerting and slightly itchy. The sheets were not changed during my stay even though I removed the sign that said "save water and keep this on the bed so we don't change the sheets"
2. The breakfast was extremely picked over each morning. I am guessing this is because the hotel seemed to filled with extremely large hard working oil men, but for the prices they are charging, could they fill the cereal container more frequently PLEASE? Very little fruit-- I think I got one bruised apple the entire week.
3. All the Ice Machines are not working in the hotel. When I wanted ice one night, I was told to see the front desk. The nice little gal took me back to the kitchen, where they had one very small 5 lb bag of ice for the whole hotel. The desk clerk told me "take only what I needed-- this is all I have all night" She later explained that they could not keep the machines working because the oil rig workers fill their large coolers and take it all. So they unplugged them all! (sigh) So, let me understand...$200 a night, and no ice machines?
4. Parking: The parking lot is kinda small for a hotel this size. Especially with the extremely large trucks of the oil workers. If you don't get a parking spot before 6pm, you will have to away from the main entrance-- which requires you to walk around the whole hotel. (They lock completely all the doors of the hotel except for the front entrance) I did not feel comfortable as an unaccompanied female after dark to make that walk.
5. Security: After 8pm I was very disconcerted to see a very very very young female working alone at the front desk. When I say young, I mean she looked seriously like she was 14 years old. Extremely short and small. My point here is that most of the hotel was filled with large men from all over who have come to work in this area for a relatively short period of time. They are away from their familes, etc. It seriously didnt make me feel secure or safe to have this young person be the only person at the front desk in the middle of the night. Again, for the rates they are charging, they can afford to have more than one person working in that environment late at night.
Overall, I would stay here again if I did not have another choice. I felt taken advantage of in some way-- like they took my high rates because they could, and then offered the bare minimum they could. I do not feel that way when I stay at other hotels in this area.
During a recent business trip, the weather caused me to want to stop in Big Springs, TX! That was a GAINT mistake. Wind, sand and snow, I was told by the desk staff their BEST rate was $202.00 per night. Sorry but unless you are washing my car, doing my laundry and carrying me to my room. No Room in West Texas is worth this! Beware of the great grandchildren of Jessy James, have an Inn in Big Springs, TX.!
Southwest Collegiate Institute for the Deaf,
Big Spring Herald,
Nearby Sports & Recreation
Roy Andrews Sports Complex,
Big Spring State Park,
Texas Cajun Cafe,
Dragon China Buffet,
Red Mesa Grill,
Casa Blanca Restaurant,
Furr's Family Dining,
Gill's Fried Chicken,
Entertainment & Shopping
Howard County Courthouse,
Big Spring, TX
Local Time: 1:33 PM (Central)
Local Temperature: 87°F 5-day Forecast
Whether you're traveling on business, a leisure getaway, or a family vacation, La Quinta has the right hotel accommodations for you. Take advantage of free Internet access, free breakfast, and comfy beds offered at La Quinta Inns & Suites. You'll find the best rates online, the widest variety of room options, the most reliable hotel info, and more on LQ.com.
Thank you for considering La Quinta Inns & Suites for your hotel travel plans!