The La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe was recently named a 2013 TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence award winner!
The La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe, featuring Tempur-Pedic mattresses is located on the I-35 frontage road at exit 215 adjacent to the Great Mall of the Great Plains. The hotel is located within minutes of Olathe Medical Center, Garmin International, Embarq, FAA Air Traffic Control Center, Farmer's Ins...see moreurance, New Century Airport and Bass Pro Shop. There are several restaurants within walking distance including Chili's , Red Lobster, Waffle House, 54th Street Bar & Grill and Burger King. The La Quinta Inn & Suites Olathe features a Free Bright Side BreakfastTM, beautiful indoor heated pool and spa, and large fitness center with treadmills, elliptical machine, and universal gym. All guest rooms include free high-speed Internet access (wireless and wired), a 32-inch flat screen TV, refrigerator, microwave, coffee makers and hair dryers. The hotel has three meeting rooms with nearly 1,400 square feet of meeting space, including a well appointed board room. this space is great for business or personal gatherings.see less
Amenities & Services
Free Bright Side Breakfast
Free Wireless High-Speed Internet Access
Free Local Calls
Meeting Facilities Available
Guest Laundry Facilities
Indoor Swimming Pool
Free Bright Side Breakfast®
Hot and cold cereal
Bread and muffins
All-you-can-drink coffee and juice
Additional Breakfast Items:
8,000 La Quinta Returns points for a free night stay.
Not a member? Join Now
Check-In Time: 3:00 PM
Check-Out Time: 12:00 PM
Guest Room Amenities
Free wireless high-speed Internet access
Free high-speed Internet access in all rooms!
Microwave in all rooms
Refrigerator in all rooms
Premium Cable Channels
Iron with Ironing Board
TripAdvisor Traveler Rating:
Most Recent Reviews:
Reviewed Mar 30, 2014
Tom H | Springfield, Illinois
We recently stayed at the LaQuinta Inn in Olathe. The hotel staff was very friendly. Rooms were clean. Kids loved the indoor pool. We did not have our pet but we did see a few people with their dogs around the hotel. Overall the stay was good. The mall behind the hotel was a disappointment though.
Exterior property /parking:
- Parking seemed to have ample lighting but no security cameras were seen and there are lots of places that someone could potentially break into a vehicle with little worry of being caught.
- Exterior has the nicest appeal of other motels in the area. If people would not bring in large vehicles that take up multiple stalls parking would not be such an issue. A mall is present adjacent to the property but signs posted advise no overnight parking and that vehicles will be towed at the owners expense. Needless to say the issue was not tested.
Interior / Rooms:
- Updated with relaxing neutral tones, no clashing red walls with green sheets etc.
- TV's are on the small size. Maybe 30? and look disproportional to the room size. I had to move some furniture around to see the small text on the TV in the morning.
- The views on the second floor sucked. I had a lovely view of the roof to the swimming pole which I did not even get to enjoy.
- Wifi signal was strong and easy to connect.
- Towel rack was not level and the shower rod was way to far back in the tub. Felt like I was being pushed against the wall to avoid sticking to the plastic curtain.
- The AC in our room I believe needed some service. The fan function would not operate correctly unless the unit was turned completely off. If fan constant on was selected it would run until the compressor turned off and then revert to auto, thus shutting off the fan. Ended up sleeping with a window ajar to keep the room cool and allow the fan to run to drown out the noise.
- Pool - Check in on day one was past hours (can live with it). Day two a sign was posted pool closed (maybe related to a wedding party but do I care? (No). Day three a bus came in and the pool was open. There were so many people and no where to even swim. The hot tub will accommodate two adults at best.
- Walls must be thin. I swear night one I could hear 80% of a normal conversation. Morning two I could even hear what news was going on before I turned on my TV.
- No exhaust fans in the bathrooms. Poops linger and if you take a hot shower be prepared for some cool down time to cut through the steam on the mirrors.
- I have confirmed there are Tempurpedic beds in the room. However, they are the firmest Tempurpedic beds I ever slept on. Seriously I did not know they came that firm as an option. I did not wake up with sharp pains as in other motels but these are no wear near generation one mattresses.
- Only a single elevator services the entire three story motel and it's slow. Be prepared to cram in or wait awhile if it's full.
- Vending machines on each floor are reasonably priced and not excessive.
- Breakfast, don't count on it! First day breakfast choice was two pieces of toast or a bagel. - Cereal with no milk available and notes that the coffee and juice machine were not working. McDonalds was down the road and a life saver.
- Day two I found a waffle machine but discovered quickly after getting it going the timer was broke. I had to babysit it to ensure I did not burn the waffle. I was fortunate enough to have a choice of one yogurt. I saw some gravy but there was nothing in the hot bar. Apparently at some point eggs and biscuits were put out but 7am must be to late to enjoy this. Talked with several folks who complained the coffee was watered way down. There cup looked like someone threw a teaspoon of dirt into a cup of water. Two guys told me the coffee makers in their rooms did not even work.
- Day three I did not even try for breakfast. Just totally checked out and left. There is a phone quick check out option. I elected to check out by dropping the card off in person. Thought that was going to be a mistake. It took a laundry worker to track down someone in a back room after several minutes before everything was taken care of.
If you have someone at the Olathe Medical Center and looking for a place to stay you may consider this motel. I don't think I would go out of my way to recommend the motel but I've certainly can say I've stayed in a lot worse motels (but they were a lot cheaper too). For the price I think it's on the high side for the accommodations present and the overal condition of things observed during my stay. There is not much in the immediate vicinity other than a few restaurants, an aged mall that I'm sure at one time was happening but now is mostly vacant, and gas station but it is quick access to 35 highway if you have business in the KC Metro area.
I'm not chopping at the block ready to go back. By talking to other patrons who apparently frequent La Quinta Inn motels I am told this motel leaves something more to be desired but I think thus far if a Marriott is near my destination I would default to in instead just based on my experience at this motel. My advice is stay off floor two unless you like views off the roofs on the property.
We chose La Quinta because it had claimed to be pet friendly. I had arranged for our reservation, stating clearly that we had a dog, at least ten days earlier. We are placed on the second floor farthest from the exit. NOT pet friendly. In addition to that, there were signs on the ice machine, soda machine, and cranberry juice machine. Sorry, not working. It does not appear that this La Quinta is making efforts to keep up to expected standards.
we have stayed at the la quinta in olathe several times. I was disappointed this time because I specifically asked for one of the rooms with the separate bedroom which I was supposed to have when I spoke with the front desk and made the reservation two weeks ago. when arriving we were in a room with the bed next to the family area. it was nice but we travel with our older sons and always ask for the separate room which we had our first visit. I certainly understand when it is booked but we booked it and did not get it. all else great as usual. sincerely, steve and Barbara briggs
Enjoyed a great nights sleep after a long ride in horrible weather. Will stay here again. Stayed in the past and enjoyed as well. Only wish breakfast was better as it is for most of its sister properties.
Local Time: 8:16 AM (Central)
Local Temperature: 46.8°F 5-day Forecast
Whether you're traveling on business, a leisure getaway, or a family vacation, La Quinta has the right hotel accommodations for you. Take advantage of free Internet access, free breakfast, and comfy beds offered at La Quinta Inns & Suites. You'll find the best rates online, the widest variety of room options, the most reliable hotel info, and more on LQ.com. Thank you for considering La Quinta Inns & Suites for your hotel travel plans!